Coracora

Coracora
My City!!!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

God Provides

These past few days have been amazing...Jon from one of the Barnabas came to visit us for a couple of days because the whole group wasn´t able to make it earlier in the summer because of our altitude.

As I write this, I have three girls standing over my shoulder watching and asking me questions in Spanish...majority of time, I have no idea what they are asking but I am able to answer some of the small stuff...Internet times are the best here because in the States where everyone prefers privacy, no one here cares about privacy especially when it is a grenga (Spanish for a white girl)...Everytime we come to the internet cafe, there are always children and even some younger teenagers who come up to see what we are doing, it is amazing. They are currently hagging the boys and trying to get them to count to a thousand in English...I told them that I didn´t know how to count to a thousand, good way to get out of that, even if I do look stupid...

Okay so yesterday, we went to a Catholic school and shared a bible story with the kids. It was a great time, they were very quiet, no questions to ask and never really talked to us...Then after going to the Catholic school, we came back to our hostel, grabbed a few things and headed to the Plaza to find out that yesterday was the 183th anniversary of Coracora´s existence...Very event filled day...We hung out in the plaza for a couple of hours, with kids swarmed around us, and two English professors came up to us and asked us to come to their schools. One we will be going to on Monday and the other on Tuesday! We also ran into a woman who wants us to teach her English everyday this week before she has to go to Lima for something so we are going to help her...Just being out and about in the city has really opened up some doors as we saw yesterday! I really enjoyed showing Jon around our city and introducing him to our friends!

Okay so one thing to pray about: one of the English teachers that we ran into is a woman and her English is absolutely amazing! We go to her school on Tuesday, and are actually going to talk to her about possibly being a translator for a woman´s Bible study!!! I hope it all works out, and the woman´s Bible study will be started as soon as possible! Hopefully before mid-summer!

Mid-summer is only 6 days away and my heart is very excited to see people that I haven´t seen since orientation! Mid-summer also marks the halfway point of being home! Not that I am homesick but I have a feeling that things are going to either go by much faster once mid-summer is here! We have two teams come in July to see us, the Creative Ministry Team and a team from the church that is sponsoring Coracora! I will enjoy that time and showing them around. And then after that point, things will only be a couple of weeks away from ending...But I am not near that time now...People are already asking when will we be coming back and all I can tell them is I don´t know...that is such a hard question because I have no idea where God is going to lead me next summer or if I will ever be back here in Coracora! I wish I could give them a definite answer...

No comments: