Coracora

Coracora
My City!!!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Hope Rising

Today there has been a cool breeze in the air which can be very significant of something...Mom is not going to be happy about this one but the wind gust could actually be a sign of an earthquake soon to come...I don´t know about any of y'all but I have never been in an earthquake and I really do want to feel one...It doesn´t have to be big, I just want to feel one...But I know my mom is praying against that while I am here in Peru and honestly I am not really sure if where I am located at times in the day is where I want to be when one hits...The building structures are not the best here, most houses are made of mud bricks or a stuco(SP?) sort of thing, not many would be very sturdy structures if a good sized earthquake were to hit Coracora...I´m afraid the only thing left standing would be the huge Catholic church...

This morning we went to one of the schools and taught the children English, it was a grand time with the kids and lots of laughs, I definitely enjoy these times and I learn lots of Spanish when doing this...During the class, we got a great big burst of wind gust that shook the tin roof...Romi, the teacher we were helping told us that the gust don´t normally happen until August. Then she told us about it being a sign of an earthquake. Romi, is an absolutely amazing woman! She is like a mom away from home for sure and is such a blessing! I love her tons and her daughter Sisary! I am happy to be spending the next month and a half with those two. They have invited Albee and I to live in their house with them come July and I am excited about this offer I just don´t feel like having to pack everything up and move again.

After school today, we went walking around town and realized that power was out throughout the town, not sure for what reason why but no lights or anything was working...It was nice and quiet, we walked towards a plaza that we found the other day and ended up running into a bunch of kids who had us say a lot of things in English...Then they asked us about these bracelets that we have on our arm. It is called the salvation bracelet, a lot like the beads that some people wear, except this was the colors all weaved in a braid as a bracelet. Allen explained the significance of the colors and it was just a great time of spreading the gospel, even if the kids didn´t understand there were some women in the back of the group that seemed to be very interested! I just pray that God will move in the hearts of those women and in the kids! We will probably make a few trips back up that way to continue what has started now! God is definitely working here and I am giving Him all the glory!!!

No comments: