Coracora

Coracora
My City!!!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mountaintop

Okay so too much has happened in the past 24 hours for me to wait a week to type out!

Last night, we had a worship time with three men who all want to start a Baptist church here. It was absolutely amazing just hearing them sing in Spanish and hearing songs that we sing back in the USA in their language. The Spirit definitely moved through that time! It was so amazing! Then we had another bible study with what was suppose to be a group of boys but only one showed up! But that time with him was absolutely amazing! He asked us some extremely deep questions and it was awesome!!! Ahh God definitely touched that time!

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY! Last night one of our team members went to meet with the Catholic priest here in Coracora, and the meeting went absolutely amazing! The rest of us stayed behind to hangout with that boy and talk with him. We are actually going to play basketball with him today and some of his friends in about 30 minutes...Okay back to Catholic priest. So the word is that God definitely moved during that time! The Catholic priest here might as well be a Baptist minister...he doesn´t believe in purgetory(SP?) or praying to Mary...he believes we are all here to reach out to other for Christ and wants to work with us...pray for this situation, this is a huge door that God is opening!!!

Also the kids and teenagers seem to love a white girl playing a guitar! Someone called me Avril Lavigne today and they all gathered round to here me play and sing! The guitar was very out of tune because mine was left in our hostal but tomorrow, the kids want me to bring my guitar and my music and play for them at 2:30, this can be an amazing time of reaching out to them with Christ! Definitely pray for that too!!!

Today we spent the morning trying to get me some money! I am so thankful because it finally came in and I have enough to make it to mid-summer where I can pull some more out! Then we climbed to one of the top of the hills or a part of the mountain and the view of our village/town was absolutely amazing! I wish I oculd upload the pictures I took but these computers are not capable of using my digital camera card...The view was spectacular, we then prayed over our town and begin the walk back down the mountain! Wow! I wish I could express how awesome it was!!!

No comments: